Saturday, July 26, 2008

Duck tape man

Duck Tape Man, or is that Duct Tape Man--I think it can be either, but I usually think duck tape, which I have no idea why because no one is taping ducks and I don't believe ducks went into the manufacture of this tape, or at least I pray they weren't used to make duck tape.



So Duck Tape Man was I. Constructed by me, this crazy duck tape suit served as a Halloween costume. Not easy to make, but not too difficult either. I just made sheets of duck tape putting the tape back to back, and then constructed this suit with those sheets, not extremly comfy, but it was Halloween many are not cozy. No raeal fabric in the entire suit. I did wear a T-shirt and underwear, but it was too warm for much else even in late October. Also I duck taped an old pair of water shoes.



Much better than many of my other costumes in later years --Mel from Alice, boxing writer Bert Sugar, Stan the mustachioed man. I may try it again some year and go as the Tin Man. That's what Julia wanted me to do last year, but I didn't get it made.

No comments: